It snowed here last week. The kids were hoping for a day off from school but alas, it wasn’t meant to be. Happily, though, the tone is set for a white holiday. Just outside my window the branches are now dressed in white!
I thought I’d share some of the books, films, and bibelots that are on my mind right now, some year-end favorites, if you will. And that’s one of them, actually, the word “bibelot.” It means “a small, decorative ornament or trinket.” Isn’t is lovely little term?
Here are a few more:
• Yoga Cookie Cutters. Don’t get any, Wendy, they’re on the way! Oh, and ohm.
• Lemon Lavender White Chocolate Bark with Tamari Roasted Almonds from The Daily Chocolate in Vergennes, Vermont. I tasted this tantalizing blend on a visit earlier this month. And I’m not even a white chocolate lover. But one bite of this converted me.
• The French Cat. A coffee table book that will make your kitty lover purr…in French.
• A Book about 813 Dishes. A gorgeous history of the table.
• These Cookie Scoops at King Arthur Flour. “Scoop, flick and bake.” You’ll bake more cookies if you have one. Believe me, I know…
• Cairo Time. A 2009 inde film that had me weeping. Unexpected. Gorgeous. Romantic. Not a lot of food scenes, but they do drink a lot of lovely looking raspberry colored tea.
• Wallace and Sewell Scarves. Just to ogle the colors is enough. Almost good enough to eat – these women weavers are magicians with colors.
• This Woman’s Food Job. Is she hiring… somewhere on the coast of Maine?
• This Woman’s Idea. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a Compost Girl near you?
• The Awesome Foundation. Seriously. That’s what it’s called. And they have “awesome food” grants, too.
Hope these bibelots inspire and nourish you during this busy time.